March 30, 2005

Abject Surrender to Defeat...

I presume my first blog was a bit too heavy; I had no intentions of making it sound complicated or incomprehensible, it is just that the blog got complicated(an involuntary action)...probably I will try to be much more terrestrial in my forthcoming blogs(ponderings in fact)...

As I sat down today in front of the 'famous' Idiot Box and was surfing the channels, I was surprised to see that almost all the News channels had the India's Defeat at the hands of Pakistan in the 3rd Test Match as the headline ; the scrolling bars at the bottom of all the TV channels were establishing this fact in their own ways.....repeating the tormenting headline again and again.

I was also a spectator...a mute spectator...along with another probably a million ppl around the world, seeing the Indian team 'snatching' defeat from the otherwise 'young' Pak Team.I was completely shattered seeing the dismal performance of the Indian Team.I had been to my frndz place for Lunch at around 12:30 pm..I had left from his place arnd 13:00hrs by the time I reached office(tat is in another 15mins) , India had already lost 2 wkts. I knew that a defeat was inevitable. India had already lost its 4 'star' batsmen - Sehwag, Sachin, Rahul, Laxman. I lost the sympathy that I had towards the Indian team -- this was a totally irresponsible performance.

I reached home in the eve, and my Dad informed me of the already known result.I saw one of the spectators carrying the poster of Ganguly's achievement - " GANGULY - YOU HAVE DOUBLED YOUR SCORE- GUD LUCK"...yeah, Ganguly had doubled his score....from 1 in the prev Innings to 2 in the present one.I had nothing to comment.The channels were reprimanding Gagnguly in their own soft words - questioning his ability to lead a team and also to perform.His ability to perform in Test matches was already a cause of concern.

Under these circumstances, the 'star' batsmen are also to be blamed for such a pathetic performance.The team was unable to perform for a complete day on a pitch that was otherwise dead , except for a few cracks; with Arhsad/Kaneria/ Afridi taking full advantage of the ultra-defensive attitude of the Indian Players.

Indians lost the match when they had decided of taking the match to a draw by adhering to an ultra-defensive attitude. Inzi took advantage of this mindset and placed 7 players around the batsman and increased the pressure. Indians are to be blamed for increasing the pressure on themselves.Kumble's innings was commendable as he was free with his shots and was also having an open mind.

I can crap more on this topic....but dont think this deserves much attention. ;-)

No comments: