February 15, 2006

MS and Identity Management

Happen to see this link which speaks of MS's entry into Identity management across sites.MS plans to implement this using a so called 'wallet' named 'InfoCard'; however, it sounds like a gimmick to me, as i feel MS will be exposing the entire login info to potential hackers. I envisage MS to implement the wallet in a so called 'secure region' which will be simply unaccessible.I guess this will be similar to Password Manager in Firefox.

Oracle already has a technology called 'SSO-Single Sign On' wherein a user needs to just have a single UID/pwd for logging in across Oracle Applications/Products.

1 comment:

Kaushik said...

Dude - you actually managed to take a pic. Interesting !

Also - you're lucky they asked you for your certs - my pi - they did not even see my acads certs ! [:O]

http://bedraggled.blogspot.com

Good Luck for the rest.